It is the morning of the reaping that will kick off the 10th annual Hunger Games. In the Capitol, 18-year-old Coriolanus Snow is preparing for his one shot at glory as a mentor in the Games. The once-mighty house of Snow has fallen on hard times, its fate hanging on the slender chance that Coriolanus will be able to out charm, outwit, and outmaneuver his fellow students to mentor the winning tribute.
The odds are against him. He’s been given the humiliating assignment of mentoring the female tribute from District 12, the lowest of the low. Their fates are now completely intertwined – every choice Coriolanus makes could lead to favor or failure, triumph or ruin. Inside the arena, it will be a fight to the death. Outside the arena, Coriolanus starts to feel for his doomed tribute… and must weigh his need to follow the rules against his desire to survive no matter what it takes.
It’s slytherin with notes of hufflepuff. It’s soft slytherin, which is nice compared to heavy metal slytherin aka The Cruel Prince, where the slytheriness smothers everything else. This is a nice, chill, slytherin book. I like it. Also it still has murder.
- what a name, what a name
- this kid has normal human compassion and feelings? how does he become that snakey president boi??
- okay I see it now. sneaky sneaky
- okay that ending thoooooooooooooooooooooooooo
- Lucy Gray Baird
- Dresses like Luna Lovegood
- She literally just stood on stage at her reaping and preformed a song like wow girl, wow.
- I LOVE HER SO MUCH and that scene where she ‘tamed’ the snakes omjg that was awesome
- AND I KNEW IT RIGHT AT THE MOMENT WHERE THE GUY WAS HANGED I KNEW SHE’D WRITE THE HANGING TREE SONG
- She’s obviously related to Katniss in some way (I think?)
- he’s going to get himself killed
- and I was right
ROMANCE IN A GIF (if any):
WHAT I LIKED:
EVERY SINGLE THING? But I loved Lucy Gray Baird so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so much I was worried she would die but NO SHE DIDN’T???? I THINK??? PRETTY SURE??!! ANYWAYS I LOVE HER.
WHAT I DISLIKED:
The whole plot involving Sejanus was confusing but then again I was reading super fast in anticipation so…
ON A SCALE FROM RAINBOW COLORED PUS TO EVERYTHING THAT IS LUCY GREY
Cake and Cream (9 3/4)