OMJG Y’ALL. THIS BOOK MURDERED ME. LET’S GET INTO IT.
this post is more spoiled than Veruca Salt
Serpent & Dove by Shelby Mahurin
Bound as one to love, honor, or burn.
Two years ago, Louise le Blanc fled her coven and took shelter in the city of Cesarine, forsaking all magic and living off whatever she could steal. There, witches like Lou are hunted. They are feared. And they are burned.
Sworn to the Church as a Chasseur, Reid Diggory has lived his life by one principle: thou shalt not suffer a witch to live. His path was never meant to cross with Lou’s, but a wicked stunt forces them into an impossible union—holy matrimony.
The war between witches and Church is an ancient one, and Lou’s most dangerous enemies bring a fate worse than fire. Unable to ignore her growing feelings, yet powerless to change what she is, a choice must be made.
And love makes fools of us all.
OMJG ya’ll are you ready to die? C’mon. It’s a WITCH and a WITCH HUNTER who are forced into marriage and it’s super awkward and they “hate” each other! OR DO THEY. Also there’s this amazing Actual Cinnamon Bun named Ansel and he’s the legitimate best.
- RED HEAD
- Witch Hunter
- I just love him, okay?
- I love love love him.
- I love how he tried so so hard to keep his cool around Lou and AH their banter…. AHhhhaHAHhahhhhhah.
- AND THAT SCENE WHERE HE BRAIDS HER HAIR
- Snarky. omjg is she snarky
- Very petty too- that scene when she was reading Reid’s love letters? YES. I 3000% support.
- Just the BEST™
- I love her i love her i love her omjg fave character??? Maybe??
- I love how she calls Reid “her husband” even though she hates the situation and HAHA Chass, too? Love the pet names. Reid = Chass. Lou = Heathen.
- That extra scene in my B&N Ya Club copy? (yes, I’m fancy, shhh) HE’S A LITERAL SMOL BEAN CAN I ADOPT HIM OR SOMETHING
- HERE’S MY FAVE CHARACTER OF THE BOOK
- CAN I HAVE HER AS MY BFF? Just asking.
- Conflicteddddddddddddddddddddddd (I loved that scene where he gets icing all over the Bible and proceeds to tell Lou to take perfect care of it omjg I love it)
Morgane Le Blance
- pls die
Okay I can’t list them all, I’m sorry.
romance in a gif:
“The cat -our unexpected savior- rubbed its head against her feet, and she bent to give it an appreciative pat.”
“Proving witches weren’t inherently evil might be harder than I anticipated.”
“I like you, Ansel, but this had better be something good. Emilie and Alexandre just had a moment, and I swear if they don’t kiss soon, I will literally die.”
What I liked:
The whole forbidden love thing. And the hate-to-love thing. And the Ansel thing. And the snark. And the banter. And the I-totally-don’t-love-you scenes. Also the “Not Lord of the Rings Inspired” ring.
What I disliked:
Um who the heck was that Cecile girl and why did that whole No I Swear There Are No Witches In My House thing happen I’m so confused? Isn’t she against witches? Was that even her? IDK man. I’m rereading it so maybe it was just on my part. I’LL FIND OUT.
From These Two Men Who Won’t Stop Attacking A Young Woman to Frolicking Chasseur:
Reid Coloured Knives (9 3/4)
WHAT DO YOU THINK? SHARE YOUR FEELS, PLEASE. IF YOU HAVEN’T READ IT I WOULD MAKE YOU READ IT, BUT THAT RUINS THE FABULOUSNESS OF THE BOOK IF YOU’RE FORCED. SO PLS READ IT OF YOUR OWN WILL!
actual footage of me waiting for the sequel